|Job vacancy:||Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Lead|
|Remuneration + benefits:||
|Contract type:||You will have a standard working week of a minimum of 35 hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. You may be required to work ad hoc outside of normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and match days as required.|
|Location:||Turf Moor, Harry Potts Way, Burnley, BB10 4BX|
|Closing date:||Monday 15th March @ 5:00pm|
Who are we?
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history.
Proud founder members of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, ‘Burnley Rovers’ soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882. We moved to our Turf Moor home shortly afterwards, at the invitation of the town’s cricket club, which is still uniquely situated next to the stadium.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League – and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
We are looking to recruit to the role of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead as the Club begins their journey towards the ‘Advanced’ level of the Premier League Equality Standard (PLES).
The PLES provides a framework to help Clubs progress equality and diversity across all areas of their business.
This is an exciting role where the successful candidate will have the opportunity make an impact to the Club and the surrounding community.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator with a proven track record of achieving success in this field.
The EDI Lead will be expected to;
- Ensure that the Club meets its statutory duties under the Equality Act 2010.
- Take lead responsibility for:
- For the development of the club’s equality, diversity and inclusion strategy and policies. Using clear objectives both internally and externally covering the short, medium, and long term with a view to achieving further external recognition of the excellence of Burnley FC’s approach to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- The ongoing implementation of the Premier League Equality Standard (PLES) and continually striving for further improvements.
- Working towards, complying with, and reporting against The FA’s Football Leadership Diversity Code’ which the Club has signed up to.
- Ensuring that all Club policies have been impact assessed.
- Coordinating current and proposed policies and practices to promote equality, diversity and inclusion and to tackle discrimination. This will involve setting KPIs and working with all Club departments to support and enhance a range of programmes and practices aimed at achieving those KPIs.
- Effectively research, apply and promote EDI initiatives and share best practice across the Club and with external stakeholders.
- Lead our various EDI working groups that brings people together from across the Club to deliver the EDI strategy.
- Identify a programme of events within the Club calendar that will demonstrate the Club’s commitment to improving EDI and coordinate the implementation of these events.
- Quality assure recruitment and career development opportunities to ensure that they are offered and managed fairly.
- Advise on systems for reporting incidents of discrimination, harassment or victimisation, as defined in the Equality Act 2010.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and advise the Club on its implications.
- Prepare and deliver training, presentations and workshops to staff on EDI.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the Club on EDI issues.
- Develop existing and new relationships with key stakeholder groups within football and in the local area, including key representatives from local councils to support our BAME and inclusion strategy.
- Work with the Club to analyse supporter data and identify interventions to meet key targets for increasing the diversity and encouraging new fans to attend Burnley FC matches.
- Help staff to develop confidence and competence by modelling good practice and acting as a mentor.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand, values, ethos and culture in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Hold a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality, diversity and inclusion training, in addition to ensuring compliance with all Club policies.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Significant experience in a similar position, or has worked with diversity, equality or inclusion in another organisation.
- Experience of writing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships and programmes, with an appreciation of the importance of EDI in corporate and charity organisations.
- Evidence of a person-centred approach with an understanding of the rights, needs and best interests of groups currently under-represented.
- Strong understanding of the equality, diversity and inclusion principles and challenges in professional football.
- Experience of completing equality impact assessments.
- In depth knowledge of Equality legislation and principles or concepts.
- Proven track record of achieving success in this field.
- The ability to gain support in a professional, constructive and non- confrontational manner.
- Degree-level qualification.
- Knowledge of the Premier League Equality Standard.
- Experience in dealing, advising or supporting on incidents of discrimination.
- An understanding of community engagement linked to sport and education.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work ad hoc evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Further details and how to apply
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at HR@burnleyfc.com or 01282 446800.
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants may be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
- Only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
- This advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.
Access our Careers in… webinar series on our YouTube channel.