Job Advertisement | EMEA Business Development Manager
- UK Location, primarily home-based with time in London and Manchester offices
- Leading global sports technology company
- Passionate and like-minded team who work hard and enjoy our successes
Who We Are
GameDay EMEA is the UK-based arm of GameDay, a global leader in integrated sports technology solutions and part of the fast-growing US-based sports-tech conglomerate, Stack Sports.
With a network spanning over 10 countries, 6 million sports participants and working with some of the world’s largest sporting organisations – across Rugby League, Basketball, Bowling, Cricket, Football, Hockey and a range of other sports – to major event providers and down to supporting grassroots organisations, we have been on a rapid growth trajectory across the UK and into the European market as a result of our innovative technology solutions.
What’s Great About This Role
Our Business Development Manager position offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading company in the sports industry who are constantly innovating and developing their products. You will work with a small but passionate and enthusiastic sales team who continue to challenge the status quo, with responsibility for developing your own pipeline of opportunities to support the growth of the business.
GameDay encourage and are committed to professional and personal development, giving you the opportunity to increase your sales skills and grow your career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop your own pipeline and portfolio of leads and opportunities to drive growth in business and increase sales opportunities
- Develop sales strategies to identify and secure new customers for GameDay
- Utilise Salesforce to manage and report on pipeline and growth opportunities
- Work collaboratively and effectively with Sports Specialist team to ensure effective implementation and onboarding of new customers
- Analyse market to understand future trends and customer needs
- Ensure quotes and sales orders are processed correctly as per Company procedure
- Engage with the team and marketing consultants on the delivery of marketing material that grows the GameDay brand and promotes success
What We Are Looking For
- A passion for sport and technology, and their ability to grow and enhance sporting delivery and participation
- An understanding of and affinity within the sports market
- Experience selling in a B2B environment
- High degree of motivation and initiative with the ability to think commercially, grow pipelines and drive favourable outcomes for the company
- Excellent communication skills with a true customer service approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong business relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a tight-knit team
- Experience within the sports, tech or media space
- Competency in a second European language would be a desirable, not required, bonus
If you are innovative, forward-thinking and open to building something great, we’d like to hear from you. To register your interest in this position please submit your CV and Cover Letter (no more than 2 pages each) to email@example.com by Friday 3rd September 2021. Be sure to address in your cover letter both the “Key Areas” and why you think you are “What We Are Looking For”. Please include the role title, Business Development Manager, and your name in the subject line.
Please note this is a UK based role. You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role. Our offices are in London (Borough) and in Manchester (Ancoats), but our customers are across the UK and, increasingly, in Europe. Therefore, we can provide support to primarily work remotely for the right candidate.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest. We advise that due to the high level of interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.