|Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making.
One Leisure is looking for a Duty Manager to be based at our Huntingdon site to oversee the day to day running of the site with responsibility for the Aquatics programme. If you have the passion, talent and ambition to help run and develop the centre then this is an exciting time to join the team. You will be supporting the smooth running of the Leisure Centre ensuring the health, safety and enjoyment of customers and colleagues alike.
The key areas of responsibility of this Duty Manager role at One Leisure Huntingdon are:
· Managing the operations of the facility, including line management of Team Leaders
· Managing the Aquatics programme and related staffing, including swim lessons
· Responsibility for Health and Safety and Fire procedures
· Be an Inspiring leader to encourage your staff to be the best they can be
We are looking for a highly organised individual with some budgeting skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude who is customer focused and creates a positive atmosphere in our centre. Written and verbal communication skills are vital to this role, as you build relationships with customers, colleagues and contractors. You should have a good knowledge of Leisure Centre operations and a track record of managing a busy wet / dry leisure facility.
Please note this post requires an Enhanced DBS for the successful applicant.
Whilst this role is initially offered on a 12 month contract there is the potential for this role to continue beyond this point.
If you feel this sounds like a great opportunity for you then we look forward to hearing from you.
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first.
TO APPLY A full job description along with details of how to apply can be downloaded from our website at https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/
Should you have any additional questions regarding submitting an application, please contact our Recruitment Business Partner email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is Monday 25th April at 5pm and interviews will be held on Wednesday 4th May.
Please note that the official closing date is as above and will be the correct date. Some third party websites may have different dates so please always refer to the HDC website for the official closing date to ensure you do not miss out on applying.
As an employer who values diversity of thought, we seek to employ candidates from a range of backgrounds in order to make our organisation more innovative. We are seeking candidates who are looking for their next career opportunity on a full-time basis.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits, including flexitime, to encourage a work life balance.
Our benefits include:
· A highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme Pension
· An array of services, networks and training to support your health and wellbeing such as Mental Health First Aiders and access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial guidance, wellbeing support and family counselling, amongst other services.
· Generous holiday entitlement dependent upon length of service
· Heavily discounted gym membership at our One Leisure Centres and Training Shed One Leisure
· Tailored learning and development on an individual basis including access to Bookboon which has over 1500 resources dedicated to development
· Career progression opportunities including apprenticeships of all levels
· Enhanced policies in many areas
· Flexi time & hybrid working (role permitting)
· Cycle to work scheme
· Occupational Health Programme
· Digital Parking Permit
· Long Service Award
https://careers-in-sport.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/board-3683740_640.jpg 426 640 Kate Gilbert http://staging.careers-in-sport.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/cis-logo-300x136.png Kate Gilbert2022-04-12 04:32:562022-04-12 04:32:56Duty Manager - One Leisure