THE MALLINSON SPORTS CENTRE
The successful candidate will be joining the School at a truly exciting time during a 10 year development plan of the facilities already in progress. The Mallinson Sports Centre will be a unique building fit for the 21st century and modern curriculum requirements. In early 2020 the new state of the art swimming pool will be opening.
Sport has traditionally held a significant place in the life of Highgate School, and the sports facilities are excellent. The School has extensive playing fields covering some 20 acres with squash, tennis and Eton Fives courts. The Mallinson Sports Centre consists of a large sports hall, a cricket hall, a 25m swimming pool, squash courts and a weights suite together with a social area, ancillary offices and changing accommodation. The Sports Centre services the needs of the extended school family and the local community as well as those of pupils. During term time the Centre staff work closely with the Sport and Exercise Department (SpEx) and the Centre is used exclusively by the School between 8am and 6pm and outside these times and at weekends the community use programme is in place.
The post holder will be an outstanding communicator and motivator who is service oriented and able to provide all-round support at the Sports Centre including customer care, life-guarding, overseeing sports equipment, cleaning, administration and acting as the duty manager when required. They will assist the Operations Manager, in driving forward and maintaining a high level of operational service in the Centre. The post holder will have the unrivaled opportunity in being part of the team opening a brand new swimming facility with a focus on building our brand new learn to swim program.
The post holder will understand the importance of upholding the MSC’s brand reputation and incorporating the vision and ethos of the Sport and Exercise Department (SpEx) where appropriate.
Sport Centre Practices and Procedures
- Deal with all enquiries and provide a high level of customer care
- Be knowledgeable with the working of the on-line system. Be confident in being able to solve any customer/member queries promptly and accurately
- Take bookings for courses and payments in line with office and financial protocols
- Attend meetings and/or staff training sessions to ensure the smooth running of the Centre
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and presentation in and around the Centre
- Assist with the promotion of the Sports Centre’s facilities and activities
- Maintain good working relationships
- Delivery of a learn to swim program, for adults and children
- Carry out tours for prospective members with a focus on closing sales
- Making appointments for potential members to come in to view the club
- Carry out Member Inductions
- Goal set with Enterprise Manager on a regular basis to achieve targets
- Work towards monthly sales targets set by the Enterprise Manager
- Attend Sales Focus team meetings when required
- Attend any relevant training
Sport Centre Activities
- Assist the SpEx Technician with the set up / de-rigging of sports equipment
- Lifeguarding duties (when the pool opens in Lent Term 2020)
- Undertake coaching and/or supervision of non-curricular Sport and Exercise related activities as required
- Safe supervision and organisation of birthday party activities
- Involvement in the delivery of holiday activities
Health, Safety and Security
- To develop and maintain knowledge of the Centre’s risk assessments for each activity
- Follow the Centre’s risk assessments in respect of health and safety
- Dealing with situations requiring first aid
- In accordance with health and safety protocols, report all situations involving first aid to the main reception area
- Ensure all aspects of poolside safety are adhered to
- Maintain regular checks on pool water quality, taking action when necessary
- Ensure the safety of all users whilst in the Centre
- Take responsibility for building security including opening and locking up
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of the Centre
- Manage casual staff e.g. Lifeguards / Party Supervisors.
- Act as Duty Manager on evenings and at weekends in the absence of the senior management team
- In the absence of senior staff, take responsibility for the Centre within designated guidelines
For more jobs in sport or jobs in fitness visit the jobs board on Careers in Sport