Dream Big Ambassador
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation (YCF) are looking for a dynamic individual who can lead on the recruitment and training of South Asian Female Activators to deliver on the England and Wales Cricket Board’s (ECB) Dream Big Desi Women programme across Leeds, Kirklees and Bradford. The Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county using the power of sport and cricket, to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of the people of Yorkshire, particularly people from disadvantaged communities.
The work of the foundation falls under four themes which are:
- Health & Wellbeing
The ECB’s Dream Big Desi Women Programme aims to create opportunities for South Asian women to get involved and make a difference to thousands of children’s lives who access All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket. By offering free activator training, the Dream Big programme opens doors for many women to access further training, upskill themselves and access sport through leadership and coaching roles.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of working in sport development and/or volunteer management/administration. They will have superb communication skills, be excellent organisers and have a clear understanding of the benefits of volunteering in sport.
This role will be based at Headingley Cricket Ground but will involve work across Leeds, Bradford and Kirklees. Yorkshire Cricket Foundation operates equal opportunities and acceptable behaviour policies. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities – both nationally and locally, recognising that a diverse workforce is beneficial for the organisation and the communities it serves.
To apply for the role please provide a copy of your C.V, with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for the role to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Tuesday 17th May, 12pm. Interviews will take place, week commencing 30th May at Headingley Cricket Ground or alternatively, can take place over Zoom.
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com
To support the ECB’s goals of recruiting, training and retaining South Asian female Activators and supporting women into coaching and leadership roles in Yorkshire to aid delivery of All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket in Leeds, Bradford and Kirklees.
To ensure there are further voluntary opportunities within Yorkshire Cricket for South Asian women to access to continue their voluntary ambitions.
- To recruit, train and retain South Asian women to the Dream Big Desi Women programme to deliver All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket.
- Support and implement All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket through non-traditional settings.
- Innovative approach to recruiting Activators, understanding the Sporting and Third Sector landscapes for volunteering.
- To seek opportunities to present to education institutions, community groups and cricket clubs about the programme to build awareness and recruit a wider audience of Activators.
- Work with staff in YCF and Yorkshire Cricket Board (YCB) to ensure there are other voluntary opportunities for Activators outside of the cricket season.
- To monitor Activator sign ups, using online platforms to ensure all Activators are represented in reports.
- To effectively report on the Dream Big Desi Women programme through written reports and verbal presentations.
- To document Activator journey’s, collating case studies by creative methods to showcase the benefits of volunteering with Yorkshire Cricket to the individuals within our team.
- To ensure all legal requirements relating to volunteer management are adhered to by attending relevant training as highlighted by line manager.
- Health and Wellbeing Manager, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
- Volunteer Manager, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
- Head of Region, Yorkshire Cricket Board
- Women’s and Girl’s Club & League Manager, Yorkshire Cricket Board
- Diverse Communities Manager, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
- Community Development Officer, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
- Marketing Team, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation
- Female Participation and Volunteering Team, England and Wales Cricket Board
- City Programme Executives, England and Wales Cricket Board
- Clubs and Leagues Executive, England and Wales Cricket Board
- A clear understanding of the ECB’s Dream Big Desi Women Programme.
- An understanding of the key principles of Volunteer Management.
- Passionate about the benefits of volunteering, not only to the sport industry, but to the individuals, understanding the wellbeing advantages of volunteering.
- Passionate about growing a workforce within sport to directly benefit those accessing cricket.
- An understanding of ECB National Programmes (All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket).
- A strong understanding of the landscape within cricket, understanding each arm of Yorkshire Cricket and how these work across Yorkshire’s communities.
- To have a good understanding of the barriers that prevent some groups accessing formal and informal sports participation.
- Must be a confident communicator with the ability to communicate with people in written word and verbally.
- To have a good understanding of the local community and voluntary organisations that work within them.
- A commitment to supporting adults and the principles of equality and diversity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve and create solutions on the spot.
- Excellent, proven organisational skills with the ability to organise people and procedures.
- Previous experience of managing volunteers
- An understanding of volunteers and the law
- Ability to create meaningful partnerships with key agencies/people
- Knowledge of adhering to GDPR
- A full driving license and access to a car
Note: The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Check. A disclosure is an impartial and confidential document that details an individual’s criminal record and where appropriate gives details of those who are banned from working with children.
Personal Attributes, Aptitudes and Abilities
- Ability to motivate, persuade, support and influence individuals and organisation
- A commitment to equal opportunities and working towards equality standards
- Flexibility to work extended hours including Bank Holidays and weekends
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both written and verbal
- A positive attitude with initiative, focus and drive
- Patience with an orderly approach to problem solving
- A customer-orientated approach to all facets of the work and the Club’s operations
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work within a team and contribute to the overall success of the team and the Club
- Interact effectively with all departments and personnel at the Club and within the community
- Contribute positively at all times to a pleasant and friendly atmosphere throughout the Club
- Commitment to work to the Club standards and within formalised rules, regulations, policies and procedures
Location and Key Conditions
- Based at Headingley Stadium in Leeds, with travel to other affiliated out grounds and within Leeds, Bradford and Kirklees. Flexible working location to be agreed upon appointment.
- The role does require extended hours and regular travel throughout Yorkshire during the County season (April-September) which will include working on weekends and Bank holidays.
- Salary and benefits: Dependent on experience, to include pension contribution and expenses, Private Health Insurance after successful completion of probation period.
Access our ‘Careers in…’ webinar series on our YouTube channel.