1. Job Purpose
The role is for a highly motivated Disability Schools Coach who believes in the power of sport and the opportunities which the brand of a professional football club can give to local people with a Disability. Someone who can play a pivotal role in developing and delivering a successful Inclusive Disability sports programme across all of the Palace for Life areas, whilst helping to educate children in mainstream schools about Disability Awareness.
2. Principle Accountabilities/Responsibilities/Job Summary
- Developing and delivering the Disability departments KPIs and ensuring it is complementing and supporting Inclusion work across all areas of the Palace for Life Foundation.
- To plan, prepare and manage a high-quality disability football programme with primary and secondary schools across Bromley, Sutton, Tandridge, Lambeth and Croydon Boroughs.
- To set up and deliver regular school sessions at both Primary, Secondary and Special Education Needs Schools. (SEND)
- To set up and deliver regular disability festivals for primary school SEND bases.
- To plan, prepare and deliver the new Disability Awareness programme for children in mainstream schools
- Responsible for reporting to the Deputy Head of Sport & Wellbeing on the achievement of a series of key performance indicators and general updates for each programme.
- Quality assurance of Disability football sessions delivered by the Foundation in all Boroughs, ensuring the Foundation/Club’s safeguarding guidelines are in place and all compliance measures are enforced.
- To deliver football coaching on mainstream Foundation Player Development Centres and school holiday camps.
- Updating the VIEWS on-line Monitoring and Evaluation system and to assist with the completion of monitoring and finance reports for the Premier League Charitable Fund and other partners.
- Liaise regularly with other Officers within the Foundation including Primary Schools, Community Development, Health and Wellbeing, Interventions and Employability in order to share good practice and attend regular Officers meetings to promote cross working at all times.
- Liaise with the Communications Team on a regular basis to increase the profile of the Disability programmes and seek new ways of attracting new participants through all social media outlets.
- To create maintain and update media information and case studies to measure the impact of the programmes.
- Produce marketing materials and promote the brand of the Palace for Life Foundation throughout our activities and venues.
- Consistently check and challenge all our customer-focused activities and seek feedback to constantly improve the product we are delivering to participants, parents and the community.
- Liaise with internal and external partners throughout including: Premier League, County FAs, Primary and Secondary School staff, Local Authority Sports Development Teams, sector partners such as Royal Society for Blind Children and the Down’s Syndrome Association, Grass Roots Clubs, and any other relevant partners in Sutton, Bromley, Lambeth, Croydon and Tandridge.
- Organise and support Special Events to assist in the promotion of the Foundation’s activities, this may include matchdays and fundraising events.
- To commit to other duties required in line with the responsibilities of the post.Other responsibilities will include:
- Work flexibly to ensure full and supportive delivery of the programme which may include evening/weekend working.
- Commit to ongoing self-directed learning in order to further develop work-related skills and knowledge.
- Work with due regard for the Foundation’s values and behaviours.
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post and the evolution of the organisation.
- Ensure the effective implementation of and adherence to the Foundation’s Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Please Note: This is not a comprehensive list of all the tasks which may be required of the post holder. It is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the work to be undertaken.
3. Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills
- Sound sports development or school sport/disability knowledge and experience with a proven track record of achievement and event management.
- Possess an FA coaching qualification minimum Level 2 standard and be compliant regards safeguarding and first aid qualifications.
- Experience in working with young people with different impairments.
- Experience of working in schools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Writing professional reports
- Excellent communication/presentation skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills, including time management, prioritisation of workloads, and be able to complete tasks to quality service standards.
- Good negotiation skills
- Good organisational and prioritising skills
- Commitment to high-quality sports provision and committed to providing the best possible opportunities for all participants.
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with special schools and their staff including headteachers, PE teachers and receptionists
- Ability to manage partnerships effectively and concisely so external partners are satisfied with our work.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work well within a team.
- Must be able to represent the Palace for Life Foundation in a confident and professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders
- A flexible approach towards working practice and working hours
- Ability to travel on business when required
- Possess disability sports qualifications/relevant experience in other suitable sports.
- Possess a valid DBS
- Qualifications in other sports
- Experience presenting to a classroom of primary school children
- Previous experience of working within Community based Organisation.
- Experience in promoting activities to a widely varied audience via different means including social media.
- Possess clean driving licence
- Experience in using data systems
- Full clean driving licence and access to a motor vehicle for work purposes