The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and optimisation of Glamorgan CCC digital communications, user experience and customer relationship marketing across our cricket and conference and events business areas. The primary function of the role will be to develop and deliver a digital marketing plan and contribute to the organisation’s marketing and communications strategy. As such you will support the head of commercial and head of catering and events in campaign concept development and create targeted campaigns to convey news and commercial content to new and existing fans and customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and implement a digital marketing plan and contribute to the Glamorgan CCC marketing and communications strategy.
- To help the Head of Commercial in driving the digital transformation agenda and use data and insights to drive digital communications and reach
- To manage the relationship with the Club’s data marketing, website and streaming agencies.
- To create targeted campaigns to communicate news and commercial content to members of our database.
- To grow our database through every consumer touchpoint and increase the number of touchpoints on match and non-match days.
- To produce monthly reports highlighting key statistics, user trends, and the commercial performance of retail sales and the ticketing element of the club’s official website.
- To identify and implement ‘best practice’ for all elements of new media.
- To manage the production and publication of content for the club’s website, social channels and print publications.
- To communicate with staff in all departments to increase the reach of their products and services.
- To manage the development of the Club’s website and ensure it has relevant and up-to-date content and information.
- Enhancing Glamorgan CCC brand, image reputation and profile.
Skills, Experience and Background:
- Excellent working knowledge of Social media channels
- Excellent awareness of Display, SEO, PPC and Email
- Proven track record of managing successful teams of people
- Knowledge of customer contact strategy and database growth techniques
- Knowledge of emerging trends and technologies in digital marketing
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an applicable marketing role
- Experience in managing databases of 60,000+ customer records and identifying key metrics for revenue generation
- High quality written output across a variety of subjects
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Recognised marketing qualification
- Working knowledge of industry-standard CRM, data warehouse and design packages
- Commercial understanding of online retail
Hours of work: Variable (hours as the business dictates, can include daytime, evening, weekends & bank holidays)
Location: Glamorgan County Cricket Club (GCCC), SSE SWALEC, Cardiff, CF11 9XR
If you are interested in this Digital Marketing Manager position, please email a cover letter accompanied with your CV to Matthew Thomas, HR Manager to the email address
The deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 9th February 2018: Interviews are to be held at SSC SWALEC and are scheduled for week commencing Monday 26th February 2018.