Purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the Development Manager, the successful candidate will support the implementation of the Moving with Purpose strategy which has been designed primarily to support the parkour community in the UK.
First point of contact – First line of contact for all Parkour UK community members – enquiries across social media, email, and phone. Support the myth busting work and implementation of the new ‘Moving with Purpose’ strategy.
Administration – Support colleagues with travel logistics, meeting coordination and establish Community forums. Support and administer Board meetings including agendas and minutes. Oversee all Parkour UK documentation and paperwork including policies and guidance materials.
Research & Insight – Administer projects and commissions including research and insight work with and for the community and act on the findings to influence Parkour UK programmes and delivery.
Engagement – Develop communication channels to the community including coordinating and managing all social media channels and platforms. Help members understand the funding landscape for sport, physical activity, community regeneration, addressing anti-social behavior and public health.
Partnership – Through wider sport for development agencies; support the Parkour UK teamwork with Active Partnerships, national partners such as sports councils, AfPE and YST.
Key Knowledge & Skills
Service Improvement – The monitoring and resolution of customer complaints / How to monitor the quality of customer service interactions / How to organise the delivery of reliable customer service.
People Management & Development – The principles of effective decision making / The different roles and responsibilities within a team / Make decisions in different situations.
Business Functions – How to identify financial requirements / How to set budgets / How to use communication to build relationships with stakeholders.
Operations & Risk Management – Responsibilities and liabilities in relation to legislation in the workplace / The management of a small project.
Sports Development Management – The structure of sport and physical activity in the UK / Understand the sports development industry.
The Community Environment – Understanding the community / Principles of behaviour change / Community engagement and activation.
- Engage and build rapport with different groups.
- Communicate, engage & utilise local networks.
- Influence people’s attitude towards physical activity / health and wellbeing.
- Understand the community needs to develop programmes that allow engagement and promote sustainability / retention.
- A strong work ethic including attention to detail.
- Willingness to adapt to change.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- A positive attitude to work.
- Act as a role model within their local community.
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Truthful, sincere and trustworthy in their actions.
- Can demonstrate integrity by doing the right thing.
- Exhibits high levels of emotional intelligence.
- A willingness to learn and contribute to their own continuing professional development.
The position is home based initially with regular (weekly) access to Sheffield / Loughborough / London.
Closing date for applications – 1200 on 24 July 2020.
Hours – 30 hours per week
Contract Type – 10 months – Fixed Term
Interview Process – Virtual; to be concluded by 6 August.
Starting date – To be agreed upon but is available immediately.
Your complete application (Cover Letter / CV / Wakelet) can be sent directly to: email@example.com.