|Job vacancy:||Development Academy Physiotherapist|
|Remuneration + benefits||· £Competitive, depending on experience and qualifications
· 28 days holidays per year (including bank holidays)
· Long service holidays
· Free parking
|Contract type:||· Permanent
· Full time: 40 hours per week – must be prepared to work evenings and weekends as per fixture / training requirements
|Location:||Barnfield Training Centre, Habergham Drive, Padiham, BB12 8UA|
|Closing date:||Wednesday 27th October 2021 @ 9am. However, should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.|
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
A brand-new opportunity has become available for a Physiotherapist in our Academy .
The Development Academy Physiotherapist will be an integral part of the club’s academy sports medicine and performance team. Working alongside and supporting the senior Physiotherapist in our injury prevention pathway and assessment/management of injured players within the club’s Academy. The Development Academy Physiotherapist role will predominately be based with the under-23 (u23) and under-18 (u18) squads but will have regular contact with the younger Academy groups as required.
This is an exciting role for a physiotherapist who is wanting to work and develop in a supportive environment.
Reporting to the Head of Physiotherapy, the Development Academy Physiotherapist will be expected to:
- Provide evidenced based treatment & rehabilitation of injured players (U9-U23’s).
- Assist with the part time medical Rota to ensure all Academy fixtures and training sessions have adequate medical cover.
- Have a flexible approach to cover Academy injury clinics/training sessions when required.
- Have a flexible approach to match day cover for u18/u23 fixtures as per schedule and Academy fixtures U9-16’s when required within experience level.
- Support the senior physiotherapist to liaise effectively with the Academy coaching staff and wider MDT on a daily basis in order to keep them informed of player availability for Academy matches and training.
- Contributing towards maintaining and developing the clubs EPPP Sports Medicine criteria.
- Support the Organisation, development and implementation of screening (including cardiac screening) for all Academy players as part of the process to aid injury prevention strategies.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries and medical interventions as per HCPC and CSP standards using the PMA system.
- Contribute to a multi-disciplinary approach by liaising closely with other departments within the Academy.
- Support the Player Care programme operated by the Academy and have a good understanding of current best practice within Safeguarding and Welfare.
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy.
- HCPC membership.
- CSP membership.
- Medical indemnity.
- A full UK driving licence.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible attitude towards working hours and availability on weekends and evenings.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant field.
- A valid ATMMiF qualification (or FA level 5 equivalent) or working towards (must be achieved within 6 months of start date).
- Prior experience of working with elite young athletes/elite sport.
- Good understanding of growth & maturation and its implications on the development of athletes.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the Burnley Football Club website (alternative format available upon request). Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.