Department: Ticket Office
Location: The Valley, South East London
Reporting to: Ticket Office Manager
Remuneration: £23 000 to £25 000 per annum
Closing: Thursday, 20th September
The Data Marketing Executive will be responsible for project management of the marketing delivery of all ticketing promotions and communications as well as overseeing hospitality campaigns. The successful applicant will be accountable for ensuring the Club’s extensive database is managed in compliance with GDPR laws and regulations. The post holder will develop, build and maintain all Charlton Athletic e-communications whilst providing the company with insight into supporter buying trends. They will be responsible for improving the quality and growth of the supporter database in order to maximise commercial opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of the Supporter Database in accordance with GDPR laws and regulations;
- Manage the Club’s e-communications strategy from building templates, producing email content, segmenting the database and publishing emails using a combination of systems from the Club’s email provider (Dot Mailer) and ticketing provider (Seat Geek);
- Manage content created for all ticketing campaigns with the aid of the Club’s on site designer;
- Perform analysis and reporting on all promotional campaigns throughout and post-campaign including; analysing and summarising large volumes of data, using pivot table to spot trends and patterns and manipulating quantitative data and express using graphs and charts;
- Attend and prepare for any adhoc matchday ticketing briefings as well as being on hand throughout matchdays to aid the Ticket Office Manager with the running of the Ticket Office;
- Working with the Communications Team to create social media marketing initiatives and activities.
What you’ll need:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. (E)
- Trained and familiar with CRM system or equivalent. (E)
- Advanced Excel skills with good Microsoft Office knowledge. (E)
- CRM training/qualifications. (E)
- Marketing qualification. (D)
- Proven experience working in a role involving CRM, Marketing or data analysis with regular reporting involved. (E)
- Professional, hands on experience in analysing large volumes of data, segmentation and reporting in a commercial environment. (E)
- High level of technical ability in database segmentation and integration. (E)
- Excellent computer skills with experience in use of CRM or equivalent. (E)
- Experience working within sports stadia in a similar role or capacity. (D)
- This is a permanent role that includes some work on weekends and evenings;
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK;
- Charlton Athletic FC is committed to following relevant health & safety regulations and all members of staff are expected to be fully aware and adhere to, at all times, the Club’s H&S and fire safety procedures;
- We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment;
- CAFC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
- Any personal data that you provide to Charlton Athletic Football Club Ltd (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment.
- We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will erase it. You can always choose to have your data erased earlier by contacting us.
Job Type: Permanent