Department: Player Insights
Accountable to: Lead Data Scientist
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced Child’s Barred List
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
What is the role?
We are recruiting for a Data Analyst to join our innovative Player Insights Department on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for data-driven Talent ID, management and reporting of scouting data. The role holder will also be required to support the use of data in academy and first team performance analysis.
What are we looking for?
To thrive in this role, you will have strong knowledge of data science and statistical methods, with experience working with large complex data sets and applying data analysis in a sporting organisation. We are looking for someone with a positive, hands on attitude who has the ability to clearly communicate information to colleagues.
The competencies which are required include:
- Practical application of data analysis either in a professional or academic capacity.
- Demonstrable ability to visualise data informatively and creatively.
- Experience of working with large complex data sets
- Report writing using Power BI or Tableau
- Working knowledge of the following data analysis languages SQL and/or DAX.
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics or other numerate subject or equivalent in experience
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics or other numerate subject or equivalent in experience.
- Knowledge of statistical computing languages (R/Python).
- IT literate.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and communication skills with individuals and groups.
- Excellent written skills.
- A proactive attitude, desire to learn and improve.
- Highly organised, able to take instructions and act upon them and manage multiple tasks.
- A clear focus on the quality and accuracy of the work produced.
- Strong knowledge of football.
- Experience of using SQL databases to extract and transform data
- Experience using business intelligence software to create and manage reports e.g. PowerBI
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Life Assurance Cover of 2x salary.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Incentivised Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- Child Care Vouchers.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 1st November.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received. *