At its heart, Playwaze is an easy-to-use activity and competition management solution. A mobile as well as online platform, we help communities and organisations deliver sport and physical activity, directly engaging participants and transforming their digital experience of sport. Playwaze supports the sector in opening its data on scale by empowering active communities, clubs and local activity providers to organise their activities, competitions and programmes digitally, where they tick a box to make their sport findable and bookable.
Playwaze has been involved in the OpenActive initiative funded by Sport England since its inception and supports organisations of all sizes harness the power of open data. Playwaze is also partnered with BUCS, the National Governing Body of UK Higher Education Sport, and with London Sport, the capital’s Active Partnership. The chosen technology for several National Governing Bodies, leading universities, local councils, and youth sports organisations, Playwaze already works with many highly engaged sports associations, grassroots clubs and active communities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The Customer Success Manager will be responsible for seeking out, establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients, predominantly in the Higher Education sector in the UK. As well as looking to generate new business, they will also own the operational running of Playwaze’s Higher Education client portfolio, looking to drive client satisfaction, retention and revenue. This will be achieved by building and maintaining lasting relationships and keeping the company’s products and services at the forefront of client’s minds. The Customer Success Manager will collaborate with the Head of Customer Success to formulate a client plan per client and will work alongside delivery team members on a vast range of business-as-usual activities for our clients.
What will the Customer Success Manager be doing?
- Developing new business, focused on the Higher Education sector in the UK
- Developing a close working relationship with key stakeholders at each client to provide client management support throughout the client journey (sales and contracting, training and establishment, issues and enhancements, renewals, etc.)
- Ensuring that satisfaction, retention, and revenue targets are achieved by providing an organised, timely, and client-centric service
- Proactively working with all Playwaze delivery teams to ensure all team members deliver to the Customer Success Manager’s portfolio of clients.
- Proactively managing communication with clients across areas such as new features, upgrades and enhancements, legislative change, company events and marketing materials
- Preparing for client meetings and ensuring all client actions, issues and projects are appropriately managed and communicated via action logs, scoping documents and regular client calls.
- Act as the client’s champion internally, owning client issues to resolution and accountable for all client issues/escalations, questioning and listening to clients to identify problems and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to improve the clients’ experience and maximise their satisfaction score
- Recommending changes in company products, services, and policies from information gathered.
What skills would be expected as part of the Customer Success Manager’s role:
- Ability to build a thorough knowledge and understanding of Playwaze as a company and its products/services
- Interest and eagerness to engage in technology and its role in the sport and physical activity sector
- Organised with a passion for detail and quality
- Self-confidence and self-motivation to set and achieve goals
- Ability to build strong, collaborative and lasting relationships
- Ability to build knowledge and monitor behaviour of competitors
- Ambitious and hungry to achieve