RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Commercial
SALARY: £27,097 – £29,488 including London Weighting
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
CONTRACT: Full time, permanent
Content Marketing Executive Role
As Content Marketing Executive you will be a member of the Commercial department, supporting the Head of Commercial [or Partnerships & Marketing Manager] who will:
- design and drive marketing initiatives covering creation, delivery and optimization of campaigns and content targeting all audiences.
- create, deliver, measure and optimize a wide range of compelling content incorporating copy and design across multiple platforms.
- act as the company brand guardian.
The Content Marketing Executive will work closely with the Commercial, Development and Operations teams, and Federation members, to deliver against our overall strategy and, where necessary, scaling the production, distribution and reach of our campaigns, events and programmes.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and the postholder may be required to undertake other duties that complement the responsibilities described below.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES of Content Marketing Executive
- Drive BSUK’s marketing activity to delight and engage all audience types including existing players and fans (our community), non-players (prospects) and media, in order to grow our databases, create value for our community and ultimately create revenue generating opportunities. This marketing activity will extend to cover strategies set by our Federation members, the British Softball Federation and the British Baseball Federation, against service level agreements as needed.
- Manage the creation, delivery and optimisation of campaigns and content across relevant marketing platforms, including digital touchpoints.
- Create a wide range of compelling content charted on a content calendar to include, but not limited to:
- webstreaming of live events
- videos & video graphics
- press releases
- web content
- social media content
- sales materials
- event materials and giveaways
- Manage and delivery BSUK’s webstreaming strategy for live events, typically tournaments at Farnham Park, using all relevant equipment such as cameras and editing software, as well as creating suitable graphics and adverts. Use the events and equipment to create additional short form content such as player/coach interviews and fan soundbites.
- Brief marketing services agencies as needed to help deliver projects on time, on budget and on brand.
- Web: regularly update our websites with content you and the organisation have created, ensuring all web content is optimised to reach target audiences in the most effective way possible (e.g., ensuring keywords research, image tagging, SEO and SEM tactics). Monitor websites and provide feedback/reports on results.
- Social media: manage and create free or paid for content for BSUK and Federation social media accounts, currently Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Design: create marketing content and imagery using Adobe Cloud programmes (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Imagery: manage BSUK’s image library on Flickr.
- Brand: create and champion BSUK’s brand guidelines across the organisation.
PERSON SPECIFICATION for Content Marketing Executive
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a content marketing or communications role.
- Proven creative skills covering copywriting, design and brand application and governance.
- Experience in working with marketing services agencies from brief-to-delivery.
- Experience in delivering webstreaming of events and video editing and/or animation.
- Experience using a website content management system (CMS).
- Experience and confidence using social media platforms for owned and paid-for activity and being the ‘face’ of the organisation.
- Experience of having worked well as a team player with first class communications skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and demonstrate how you’ve developed relationships with teams, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Budget management experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities for Content Marketing Executive
- Good working knowledge of video editing software such as Wirecast Pro.
- Good working knowledge of recording equipment such as Panasonic HC-V270EB-K Full HD Camcorder.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- A passion for all things tech and the latest marketing content techniques.
- A flexible nature due to the requirement to work on weekends and evenings, for which time in lieu/flexible working is provided.
- A ‘can do’ attitude to getting the job done.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Good communication and people skills.
- A creative approach to problem-solving.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work autonomously and always meet tight deadlines.
- Confidence learning to work with new technologies such as a website content management system (CMS) and a customer relationship management platform (CMS).
- An interest in baseball/softball is preferred but playing experience is not essential.
How to apply
Complete the online application form. For an informal discussion, please contact Joëlle Watkins on 020 7453 7055.