|Job vacancy:||Coach / Youth Worker|
|Remuneration + benefits:||£9 per hour plus holiday pay
Subsidised gym membership
|Contract type:||Zero hours: flexible|
|Location:||Various locations across Burnley and Pendle|
|Closing date:||Monday 12th April 2021 at 9am|
Who are we?
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional, and national partners in five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
As restrictions are lifted we are looking to increase our team of Coaches and Youth Workers. We have a number of roles available to work a variety of shifts which will include days, weekends and evenings. This is a flexible role and we are looking for conscientious and outgoing individuals.
We are seeking motivated individuals to join our team, helping us to deliver on existing projects (Premier League Kicks and Disability Sport) as well as our new Youth Services offer across Burnley and Pendle. We are looking for individuals with Sports Coaching qualifications as well as those with a background in Youth Work who can inspire young people to fulfil their potential.
In this role you will use the influence of sport to deliver positive change in the lives of under-represented or vulnerable groups and individuals within the local community.
Duties will include:
- To engage, inspire and empower young people to reach their full potential.
- To deliver high-quality sessions that engage, enthuse and progress young people.
- To support the development and delivery of high-quality, impactful sport and youth engagement sessions in areas of high need across Burnley and Pendle and the wider East Lancashire area.
- Be committed to applying and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion across Burnley FC in the Community.
- Have a knowledge of Safeguarding procedures and policies.
- Work with individuals and/or groups from a range of diverse backgrounds.
- Promote the Burnley FC in the Community brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to this role.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Relevant professional qualifications in Sports Coaching and/or Level 2 Youth Work.
- Experience of working with young people.
- An understanding and passion for improving opportunities for disadvantaged people and under-represented groups or individuals in our communities.
- An understanding of young people’s risks, challenges and needs.
- An understanding of Safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
- A background of Youth Work.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on Burnley FC in the Community website – Careers and Opportunities. Burnley FC in the Community no longer accept CV’s.
IF YOU REQUIRE THE APPLICATION FORM IN AN ALTERNATIVE FORMAT THEN PLEASE CONTACT THE HR DEPARTMENT ON EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING:
ADDRESS: BFCITC, TURF MOOR, HARRY POTTS WAY, BURNLEY, LANCASHIRE BB10 4BX.
TELEPHONE: 01282 446800
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS). *Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.