Are you enthusiastic and passionate about ensuring all children & young people are able to access sport & physical activity opportunities to support their physical and mental health?
Active Together (formerly Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport) are seeking to recruit a Children & Young People Development Officer (Sport & Physical Activity) to lead on the development and delivery of a range of sport and physical activity programmes, to motivate children and young people to take part in sport and physical activity, to improve their physical and mental health
There will be a specific focus on (although not limited to);
- Managing and further developing the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Active Schools County Calendar
- Ensuring the delivery of the 3-tier approach to engage ALL children & young people in sport and physical activity – Inspire (Be Active), Develop (Enjoy & Improve), Excel (Be the Best you can Be!)
- Delivering County level school sport competitions, including the annual Paralympic Festival, Summer Championships and Team Leicestershire Finals
- Managing and further developing the Team Leicestershire website and Virtual Together App, to manage school sport fixtures, results and monitoring and evaluation
- Further develop and deliver the Team Leicestershire Talent programme
- Ensure strong continued relationships with schools, Heads of PE, School Games Organisers, School Sport Associations and NGBs.
You will be required to ensure that specific projects, programmes and initiatives are delivered on time and on budget as well as supporting the identification of new partnership projects and opportunities.
You will need to have BTEC Higher/NVQ 4 or degree in a relevant area or proven experience in sport, physical activity, health and/or community development.
You will also have experience of:
- Successfully managing large scale sport/physical activity/health/Community projects/initiatives and programmes
- Working in partnership and providing development support and advice to a range of partner organisations
- The ability to support and mentor staff and volunteers together with experience of working with non sport partners eg. health, police, youth service, and young offenders
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office ie. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Proven ability to initiate and develop practices, analyse and use judgement to identify the best solution to a range of different problems and issues.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 5th June 2022. This is a fixed term; 12 months contract, subject to annual funding.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 13th June 2022, at SportPark, Loughborough University.
For more information about the role please contact Geoff Maltby, Sports Development Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are particularly keen to reach the diverse communities of Leicestershire and welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently underrepresented within our workforce.