We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United are looking for dedicated individuals to join our stewarding team at venues in and around Essex (RM6 & RM7). We are seeking enthusiastic people who are willing to learn and provide customers with an excellent and safe fan experience from start to finish. This is a great opportunity to either begin or enhance your stewarding career. Our expectation is that your enthusiasm to represent WHU in an excellent manner will be matched by our commitment to constantly develop our staff.
- Providing guidance, information and directing customers and being the first point of contact.
- Providing an excellent level of knowledge and customer service.
- Manage safety and security processes and procedures.
- Monitor and control crowds.
- Preventing unlawful entry into venues.
- Ensure safe entry and exit of fans.
- Check tickets and accreditation.
- Manage conflict.
- Working as part of a team.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
Due to the nature of the role, we can only accept applications from those who are over 18.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: –
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
- Previous experience in stewarding or security capacity (E)
- SIA Licence (D)
- Willing to learn and develop.
- Flexible attitude to working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Reliable and punctual.
- Possess effective communication skills and ability to interact with customers in a positive manner.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Friendly, approachable and professional.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th July 2021.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted