The AFC Bournemouth Academy is now recruiting for two casual coaching roles at different age levels within the setup.
Academy casual coach (YDP) & Academy casual coach (FP)
Casual, for both roles
- UEFA B License
- FA Youth Modules
- FA Youth Award
- FA Safeguarding Children
- EFAiF (Emergency First Aid in Football)
Age group coach, lead phase coach, head of coaching & development
Dependent on experience/qualifications
Purpose of Roles
YDP: To assist managing and coaching an age group (U13-15) squad, working within the AFC Bournemouth Academy philosophy. This role will require evening work (Tuesdays and Thursdays), and also weekend fixtures both home & away.
FP: As above but with U9-12 squads.
Bournemouth: Canford 3G or Canford Arena
Key Tasks for both roles
- To assist delivering age appropriate coaching sessions that are well structured ensuring they adhere to the AFC Bournemouth Academy philosophy
- In the absence of the age group coach, to efficiently prepare a session plan before each coaching session ensuring you adhere to the AFC Bournemouth philosophy
- On matchdays, to assist managing your team and in the absence of the age group coach,
manager your team in a calm and professional manner following the AFC Bournemouth matchday protocol
- To be responsible for logging coaching sessions and evaluation sheets onto the Academy PMA system and Academy Soccer Coach
- To complete and compile match reports including player grades, register and minutes on the pitch and record on the PMA system
- To demonstrate skill and technique to the players
- To be responsible for the welfare of the children whilst they are in your care
- To display enthusiasm and energy that will encourage the players in a positive manner
- To communicate with parents, players and other AFC Bournemouth Academy staff in a professional manner
- To communicate with parents, children and other AFC Bournemouth staff in a professional manner
- To attend evening coaching sessions and Sunday matches (home and away)
- To attend AFC Bournemouth Academy in-service days and FA CPD sessions (maximum four per
- During one football season, to attend two to three assessment evenings at Vitality Stadium with your age group players and parents
- To abide by the AFC Bournemouth’s code of conduct for coaches
The employee must always carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the AFC Bournemouth
policies and procedures, health and safety, financial authorisation, confidentiality and regarding the Data Protection Act.
The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations among employees and customers.
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time per the changing needs of the club.
AFC Bournemouth is an equal opportunities employer and ensures that staff and volunteers are able to achieve their full potential.
AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010). We particularly encourage applications from women, and individuals from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. For further information please click here.
Applications & closing date
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday 11th April 2021 at 23:59.