Salary – In line with National Minimum and National Living Wage (depending on age)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Casual Sport Scientist and Strength & Conditioning Coach to join the Academy’s Performance Department at Queens Park Rangers.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Performance, the post holder will implement and enhance the Sports Science provision at the Academy in line with the Academy’s development philosophy.
As such, we are seeking a committed, enthusiastic individual with the desire to develop their experience within a professional team sports environment.
Key Duties include:
- To manage the U16 Sports Science provision, including a range of duties (GPS/training load monitoring; collaborating with medical staff to design rehab programmes for injured players; delivering physical development sessions in line with players’ ILP’s; collaborating with coaching/medical staff to design training sessions).
- To assist and implement Sports Science testing across the Academy.
- To support the Head of Academy Performance in delivering Sports Science services provided to Schoolboy players (U9 – U16).
- Current FA Safeguarding Certificate.
- FA EFAiF Certificate.
- A Degree in Sport Science or Strength & Conditioning (or related discipline).
- A Master’s Degree, or working towards, in Sport Science or Strength & Conditioning (or related discipline).
- UKSCA accreditation (or ability to achieve within 6 months).
- BASES Accreditation.
- Previous experience in the provision of sport science services within professional football.
- Passionate about working with young elite athletes and creating/managing programmes to facilitate their long-term physical, psychological and social development.
- Experience of working with Coaches.
As well as the relevant qualifications and experience the post holder must have excellent IT and communication skills.
If you are keen to be part of a forward thinking department within an ambitious Club then please email your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability with the subject title ‘Academy Sport Scientist and Strength & Conditioning Coach’.
A full copy of the job description and person specification is available to download via https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/vacancies/
Queens Park Rangers Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. As part of our safe recruitment practice pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Queens Park Rangers Football Club and QPR in the Community Trust are committed to Equality.