Accountable to: Lead Youth Development Phase Coach
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced Child’s Barred list
Hours: Part Time
Contract Type: Casual
What is the role?
Contribute to a progressive learning environment, which positively impacts a player’s development and potential to achieve on and off the pitch. Specifically, this role will coach Academy players based in the Devon region, supplementing their training at Southampton with coaching at venues within Devon.
What are we looking for?
To thrive in this role you will have previous experience coaching football at an Academy or equivalent. You have the ability to speak to all stakeholders about training sessions, player feedback/progression, parent enquiries etc. We are looking for someone who is passionate about coaching football and brings positive energy in every session.
The competencies which are required include:
- Experience of coaching within an elite football development system eg Cat 1/Cat 2 Academy or equivalent)
- Track record of identifying and developing talent, as well as monitoring and reporting upon player progress
- Experience of working with support staff from psychology, S&C, physiotherapy and analysis
- Evidence of proactively seeking personal development opportunities
- Experience of 1-2-1 coaching
Essential Qualifications (including certifications):
- FA Youth Modules
- Hold or working towards UEFA B Licence
- FA Safeguarding
- Emergency First Aid Award
Desirable Qualifications (including certifications):
- Hold or working towards FA Advanced Youth Award
- Academic qualification in coaching science, coaching practice or equivalent
- Excellent communication and listening skills with both adults and children
- Proficient IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A responsive approach to change
What do you get in return?
If you are successful you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Opportunity to work for a successful Premier League Club.
- Working in an environment with strong core values.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Working with likeminded individuals.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th September 2020.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received. *
Listen to leading professionals in our ‘Careers in…’ series of webinars on our YouTube channel.