Warrington Wolves is recruiting a business development manager onto its Senior Management team.
The key focus of this role is driving forward the Club’s income from sponsorship, advertising and hospitality, which form an integral element of the Club’s commercial revenue.
Warrington Wolves RLFC is an elite professional rugby league football club based in Warrington, England, competing in the Betfred Super League. They play home games at The Halliwell Jones Stadium
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate for this rolewill have experience in a similar position or environment and have the ability to grow our commercial revenue streams.They will need to be results driven, dynamic, creative and possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Responsible for devising and executing a sales strategy (in conjunction with the CCO) that optimizes commercial revenue streams from commercial partnerships, hospitality, events and advertising
- Responsible for planning and organising high quality, innovative corporate hospitality and sponsorship packages
- Preparing (with support from the Commercial Executive) and making professional presentations to potential commercial partners in order to deliver sales, both personally and through the sales team
- Prepare accurate daily, weekly, monthly and annual fiscal reports and analysis
- To line manage, train and develop the corporate sales team, ensuring the team’s budgeted sales targets are met and striving to exceed them
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent sales ability allied to an outstanding track record of sales achievement in a similar environment
- A proven manager with good organisational skills who can demonstrate success of leading a team and developing team members
- A skillful communicator and team-player who can energize others with their vision for the future of this area of the Club’s operations
- A relationship-builder, with an ability to enhance client retention as well as acquiring new business
- Experienced in working within a professional sporting environment
- Marketing/Business degree or other relevant professional qualifications
The successful candidate will be a professional person who is driven to succeed, is hardworking, honest and trustworthy, always willing to go above and beyond expectations, and an enthusiastic team player
The Business Development Manager will be required to work at all home games as well as some events on evenings and weekends. A full driving licence is essential in order to perform the role.The role is based at The Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington, Cheshire
We offer an attractive salary package commensurate with the role and experience
A current CV, together with an introductory letter setting out why you feel you would be an appropriate candidate for this role, should be emailed via the apply button below.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th June 2018