We are hiring!
As a leading provider of school and community PE, sport and physical activity programmes, Bristol Sport Foundation (BSF) invites individuals of the highest calibre to apply to join our community coaching team. We are looking for passionate and dedicated coaches, who can deliver fun, inspiring and engaging sports sessions in schools and in the communities of Greater Bristol and Bath and North East Somerset. Applicants must share our passion for using sport to inspire young people to live Active. Healthy. Happy lives.
We have two positions available, please see below:
- Bristol Flyers Community Basketball Coach x 2
Working closely with our partner schools, you will play a key role in supporting children to fall in love with sport and physical activity. The role will also involve working with primary school teaching staff to enthuse, upskill and develop their confidence in delivering outstanding curriculum PE. Our Bristol Flyers Community provision includes evening and weekend basketball hubs and holiday camps for children aged 3 to 16 as well as a Player Development Pathway session for young people looking to progress into the Flyers Academy.
What we expect from you:
- Hold at least a Level 1 UKCC Basketball coaching qualification or qualified PE teacher status (QTS).
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of coaching children.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- A full valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- A passion for inspiring children to fall in love with sport and physical activity.
- The ability to deliver a range of fun and engaging sports activities to school children.
- Passionate about being a positive role model and the opportunity to support children and young people physically, personally and emotionally.
- To inspire others with your energy, subject knowledge and thirst for excellence.
- To always uphold professional standards and a can-do attitude.
- Able to adapt lessons to engage children of all ages and abilities.
- A growth mindset to challenge and develop yourself.
- To be conscientious, empathetic and possess a strong work ethic.
- To continually monitor and evaluate all sessions and relationships with the aim of improving the quality, impact, and reputation of Bristol Sport Foundation.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with school staff, parents, and colleagues.
- To balance a determined application of the role with a sense of fun and enjoyment.
Our commitment to you:
- Competitive remuneration.
- A passionate, caring, and experienced team to work alongside.
- The equipment required to deliver first class sessions.
- Full BSF branded sports kit.
- Travel expenses.
- The opportunity to support Flyers home matches.
- Two complimentary tickets per home game to see Bristol Bears and Bristol City FC.
- Regular team building, professional development, and social events.
- Career progression opportunities with BSF.
- A fantastic, spacious office at Ashton Gate Stadium.
Our office is at Ashton Gate Stadium; however, coaching delivery will be in schools and leisure facilities throughout Greater Bristol and Bath and North East Somerset.
35 per week. Mainly weekdays from 9am-4.30pm with an unpaid 30-minute lunchbreak but also includes 1/2 evenings per week (6pm-8pm) and Saturday (9am-2pm). Time off in the week is given for these hours.
From £18,500 – £22,500 dependent on level of qualifications, experience, and the strength of the application.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would like to be a Bristol Flyers Community Basketball Coach to Tom Monks, Head of Programmes – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline – Sunday, May 29th.
Practical assessment and interview days – Tuesday, May 31st and Wednesday, June 1st.
Start date – Monday, June 6th or as soon as any notice period allows.