Brand & Marketing Work Placement – 2018/19 Season
Term: June 2018 until May 2019
Department: Brand &Marketing
Location: St. Andrew’s Stadium, Cattell Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 4RL
Salary: Expenses Only
Minimum Age: 16
Closing Date: Opportunity will remain open until successful applicant appointed
Birmingham City Football Club is offering a full-time voluntary work placement within its Marketing team. The chosen applicant will gain valuable experience working in marketing within professional football and have the chance to apply their academic knowledge within an applied setting. This opportunity will also aim to accelerate their studies, give practical experience in the workplace and increase employability on completion of their studies.
Candidates will have the chance to gain experience and input their knowledge in the following areas:
- Full marketing mix
- Marketing campaigns from planning through to launch.
- CRM database and e-communications.
- Branding and brand guidelines.
- Digital marketing, assets and content.
- PR and engagement activities.
- Event management.
- Print process and ordering.
- Loyalty and membership scheme.
- Any other specific duties, as defined and agreed during setting developmental objectives.
- Must possess a genuine passion for marketing and digital marketing.
- Must be highly creative – we are a very creative team and would expect the candidate to input their thoughts into our decision making.
- Must be currently working towards a marketing qualification, sport management, or similarly related qualification.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Computer literacy but advanced computer skills are welcomed.
- Full and Clean UK Driving Licence desirable but not essential.
- Good communicator (written and oral skills)
- Good judgement and uses own initiative
- Highly organised and professional
- High expectation of self and others.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
The role will be varied and will require a hardworking dedicated individual and in exchange we can guarantee that the experience you will gain from the role will stand you in great stead for any future career in the marketing industry. To get the best from this opportunity, it is imperative that applicants are able to commit to the position for the entire 2018-2019 season (June 2018 until May 2019).
Suitable candidates will be interviewed on a first come first served basis and applicants that meet the above criteria will be interviewed as soon as possible. The role will remain open until a successful applicant has been appointed.
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.