Boccia UK is responsible for High Performance Boccia within the UK, hosting the UK Sport funded World Class Programme and supporting athletes to achieve their potential at the highest level of Paralympic sport.
We are looking to recruit a highly driven and efficient individual who has a passion to support the Boccia World Class Programme to success in Tokyo and beyond.
The purpose of the role is to drive and support the day-to-day operational needs of Boccia UK, this will include tasks such as training camp and competition planning and administration, international competition entries, logistics and financial administration and reporting of World Class Programme budgets. The role will also include building and maintaining relationships with home country and international governing bodies and various stakeholders. The individual will provide secretariat support to the Board and wider committees and will hold the position of company secretary.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is capable of working as part of a wider remote team. Knowledge of the sport of Boccia and/or the wider elite sporting landscape within the UK would be a significant advantage. The post holder will be financially literate with the ability to monitor and manage budgets and maintain financial accounts and processes. Experience of providing secretariat support to a board/committee would be desired. Event delivery would be advantageous.
Location: Based at home with travel to meetings, competitions and training as required.
Equality: Boccia UK positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
Applications: Please email a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role and a CV to
email@example.com Please title the email Operations Manager Application.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 12th October
Interviews: Friday 19th October
Hours of Work: Such hours as necessary to carry out your duties. This will involve a minimum of 37 hours per week and will include occasional working outside normal office hours at evenings and weekends and on Public Holidays.
Location: The normal place of work is ‘home’, however travel may be required both nationally and internationally
Responsible to: Boccia UK Performance Director
The position includes but is not limited to:
Administration / Operations / Logistics/ Finance
- To establish and maintain efficient office administration procedures that ensure the effective processing of sport specific work areas in line with personal work programme priorities
- To manage and implement IT processes in support of World Class Programme Operations
- To manage the invites, facilities, accommodation and catering for identified squad activities (including UK and overseas based training camps)
- To manage the entries, transport and liaison with Organising Committee’s for international competitions
- To prepare and distribute documents and other relevant paperwork in respect of such events (points 2, 3 and 4 above)
- To maintain financial costing’s for all such events (2 and 3 above), and report on these to budget-holders
- Working with appropriate support agencies, to manage and coordinate recruitment processes
- Preparing and finalising financial forecasts and returns to UK Sport in line with Funding Agreement guidelines
- Providing the Finance Committee with regular forecast figures and updates and attending finance meetings.
- Processing and completing authorised payments and raising invoices
- Keeping transaction records for reconciliation with the financial management system
Performance Programme Technical Areas
- To ensure that all sport policies are up to date and available to athletes, staff and other agencies
- To maintain information database of athletes, staff and potential athletes
- To manage an Information Management system integrating calendar, documents, training diaries, athletes wellbeing information and performance analysis data
- To act as a member of the core Team (including Team Manager responsibilities) when required
- To ensure that Programme athletes and staff are adequately insured and that all staff have undergone the requisite criminal checks to work with vulnerable adults and children
- To ensure that all athletes and staff receive regular anti-doping education
- To ensure that Programme athletes and staff have correct and appropriate kit and equipment
- To manage PR and media relations, publicising the achievements of the sports and managing any arising media issues. Maintain and update social media platforms.
- To ensure athletes fulfil their contracted UK Sport and National Lottery appearances as well as other media and sponsor activity
- To work with sponsors to ensure delivery of agreed services to identified athletes
- To work with the wider performance team (UK & Home Countries) in the design, delivery and event management of domestic competitions.
- To act as Company Secretary to the United Kingdom Boccia Federation Board and to act as Secretary to the Finance Committee and support the respective Chairs in fulfilling the Governance requirements including interaction with UK Sport and other stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of the Strategic plan and contribute to its execution through the UKBF Board
- To run and further develop the UKBF website containing up to data and useful information and manage social media platforms
- To respond to general queries coming in to the info@ email address
- To further develop the athlete handbook
- To support UK wide classification processes and development
- To undertake ad hoc projects as agreed from time to time
- To provide support to the Performance Director
For more careers advice, news and jobs in Sports Business visit our dedicated section on the website.