|Job vacancy:||BFC Women Goalkeeper Coach|
|Remuneration + benefits:||· Competitive: dependent on experience
· 28 days holidays per year (including bank holidays) pro rata
· Long service holidays
· Free parking
|Contract type:||· Fixed term for 1 year
· 8 – 15 hours per week: matchdays and training which will include evenings and weekends.
|Closing date:||Friday 18th June 2021 @ 9am
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history. As a proud founder member of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, ‘Burnley Rovers’ soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League – and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup. We are now in our 5th season in the Premier League for the 2020/21 season.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town: we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our BFC Women’s team as a Goalkeeper Coach to lead on the coaching and preparation of the Women’s first team goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches.
The successful candidate will deliver goalkeeping training sessions in line with the training schedule and ensure all training data is kept up to date.
Reporting to the Head Coach (BFC Women), the BFC Women Goalkeeper Coach will be expected to:
- Preparing the first team goalkeepers for all training sessions and matches, delivering all first team goalkeeping sessions as per the training schedule and attending all analysis sessions, as per the training schedule.
- Monitor and report on performance, evaluating against agreed goals.
- Communicating regularly with the Head Coach to ensure match day preparations and team selections are in place.
- Promoting a positive environment for learning and development within the team.
- Liaise with the Head Coach staff to deliver sessions.
- Ensure all monitoring and training data is recorded and up to date.
- Maintain professional registration with relevant governing bodies and organisations.
- To attend briefings, courses and seminars run by the Football Association as appropriate.
- To be able to work flexible and unsociable hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other areas of the organisation as and when required to promote best practice.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Willingness to attend training courses including Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
- Demonstrate the Club’s values at all times.
- This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties and is not exhaustive. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description.
An ideal candidate will have:
- FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Goalkeepers.
- Minimum two years experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience of designing and implementing GK development programmes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to quickly build trust and relationships.
- Team player who will put team and player success over individual success.
- A sound understanding of safeguarding and welfare requirements.
- Confidentiality towards sensitive information.
- Ability to inspire those under his/her command.
- Shows initiative, has confidence in own ability with a positive attitude towards undertaking any aspect of the job role.
- Displays no prejudice when working with others.
- Self-motivated, with expectation of self and others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Access to transport for work purposes.
- Willingness to have a full DBS check.
- Meticulous standards.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
- A commitment to the aims, vision, and values of Burnley FC.
- Good judgement and knowing when to seek advice or support.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and resilience.
- An organised and efficient approach to work.
- Flexible, helpful, and responsive.
- FA Level 4 (UEFA A) in Coaching Goalkeepers.
- Member of the FA Coaches Club.
- Current and up to date First Aid Qualification.
- Experience of GK Coaching in an elite environment.
- Knowledge of elite level requirements.
- Experience of working in professional Women’s football.
- Coach mentoring experience.
- Sound IT skills.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on our website https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/vacancies/ and returning it via email to the HR department HR@burnleyfc.com
Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
* Due to a high demand in applications, the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.