Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history, located in the heart of the town and its community, we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Assistant Groundsperson at a pivotal time of transition and change for Burnley Football Club.
The successful candidate will carry out the day to day maintenance of all playing surfaces and surrounding areas of Turf Moor and the club’s training facility based in the grounds of Gawthorpe Hall.
Reporting to the Head Groundsperson, the Assistant Groundsperson will be expected to:
- Maintain all of the playing surfaces and surrounding areas.
- Ensure all surfaces and surrounding areas are kept to a high standard.
- To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
- To work towards agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with all Club policies.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- A commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- Level 2 NVQ in Sports Turf Operative or equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience performing service repairs.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in a football club.
- Spraying qualifications including PA1, PA2 and PA6.
Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the Burnley Football Club website (alternative format available upon request). Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Access our ‘Career in…’ webinar series on our YouTube channel HERE.