Waterfront Leisure Centre in Woolwich, South East London is looking for a Recreation Assistant Apprentice. If you love sport, fitness and exercise, this apprenticeship could help you build a career out of your passion.
The Recreation Assistant Apprenticeship is a hands-on and active role. You could be doing anything from Lifeguarding a pool to setting up a sports hall for a badminton or football session. Whatever you’re doing though, rest assured you’ll have all the support of a big, friendly team behind you as well as proper training to give you the confidence and knowledge to do your job well.
You’ll need to:
- Be a strong swimmer – you’ll have to do a timed swim test before you start
- Be friendly – you’ll be helping lots of our customers
- Be hard-working – our leisure centres open weekends and early mornings (don’t worry, you won’t have to do them all the time!)
- Enjoy learning – we’ll train you to get qualifications including a Level 2 NVQ in Leisure Operations and your National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
These apprenticeships are based in Better Leisure Centres, which are run by GLL – the UK’s largest leisure operator – so if you’re hard-working and pass your apprenticeship, you’ll have the opportunity to build a long-term career with us.
In return, we offer:
- Discounted membership at our Better Leisure Centres
- Free uniform
- Competitive salary
- Ride to Work scheme
- Training and career development opportunities
Apply now and see how far you can go with a Better Apprenticeship.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications, age and location.
Better Leisure Centres are run by GLL, the largest leisure operator in the UK and one of the first and largest leisure social enterprises. We operate over 260 facilities including leisure centres, pools, spas, libraries and children’s centres in London & the South East, the South West, the North and Northern Ireland which encompass some of the most iconic venues in the country such as the London Aquatics Centre and Copper Box Arena on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. As a not-for-profit organisation, we’re different. Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and have recently achieved the Investors in People Silver award.
GLL is an equal opportunities employer.