Derby County Community Trust has a clear mission. We harness the power of Derby County Football Club to improve lives and communities through sport, physical activity, health and education. We help more than 25,000 people per year and our work is recognised and respected at regional and national levels. Since 2008 we have been encouraging participation and achievement in sport, improving health and wellbeing, providing and enhancing education and promoting equality and diversity.
We care about our community; we care about our people.
A truly exciting opportunity has arisen for 2 outgoing, confident and skilled individuals to join our Schools & Coaching team as Apprentice Community Coaches.
The Apprentice Community Coach will work for two years alongside qualified and experienced coaches for 30 hours per week (including one day of classroom-based learning per month), delivering a wide variety of activities, events and sessions within the local community. Much of this work will revolve around our Schools’ Programme, mainly working with children between the ages of 4-11, however there are opportunities to gain experience of working with a variety of participants in a range of programmes.
Alongside the practical experience that the Apprentices will gain, there are also a number of qualifications that can form part of this Apprenticeship including;
- Level 4 Sports Coach Apprenticeship
- UEFA C License (Previously FA Level 2) Football Coaching Qualification
- Multi-skills Level 2 Coaching Qualification
- FA Emergency Aid
- FA Safeguarding Children
- In house CPD and mentoring
- Other coaching qualifications as appropriate
Successful candidates will be required to start in September 2022. The 30 hour week will be split across 6 days per week.
In return we can offer:
- Excellent CPD, training & development opportunities
- 24/7 Employee Assistance helpline
- Cash health plan
- Death in service benefit (3x salary)
- Free access to Derby County Community Trust Health & Fitness Sessions
- 2 complimentary DCFC season tickets
- 20% discount at DCFC Megastore
- 28 days’ leave (including bank holidays), increasing by 1 day for each completed year of service up to a maximum of 33 days (including bank holidays)
- Annual Christmas shutdown (no annual leave required)
Salary: As per National Minimum Wage
Interviews for this role will take place w/c 18th July and may consist of weekend practical assessment in addition to competency based interview.
Careers in Sports Coaching webinar on our YouTube channel HERE