As a Care Club Assistant you will deliver an engaging daily club programme of activities within a Breakfast and After school Care Club setting, monitoring the effectiveness of activities and developing strong relationships with Schools and Parents.
You will be part of a dedicated team of Care Club Supervisors and Regional Managers, ensuring a safe and secure environment is provided to children aged 4 – 11 years. As part of your role you will be provided with opportunities to develop your own career in Childcare.
- Plan and deliver engaging and fun activities at Breakfast (7.45am – 9.00am) and/or After school Care Clubs (2.30 – 6.00pm).
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children at all times.
- Manage and maintain club ratios and registers of all children attending SCL’s clubs.
- Ensure the process of registration of children attending SCL clubs is accurately adhered to.
- Obtain regular feedback from children, parents and school staff on progress of SCL clubs.
- Complete and record all necessary club admin as required.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 in Playwork/Childcare – if you don’t we will put you on this course.
- Be inspirational, bringing fun and creativeness to the team.
- Have a fun and energetic nature.
- Be reliable and passionate over everything else.
- Be able to relate and engage with children aged between 4 – 11 years.
- Be a people person with fantastic communication skills.
- Have the ability to motivate others to deliver to the highest standard.
- Have an enhanced DBS check.
What SCL Offers
- Attractive benefits for you and your family- We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff.
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme -We make sure excellence is recognised at every quarter and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards.
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects and training opportunities- We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential.
- Company wide Socials- A chance for the entire company to get together on a regular basis.
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services- Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions.
- Childcare vouchers- Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers.
- Bonus ASCC Benefit- First Child free and 50% off any subsequent children attending the After School Care Club you work at.
The safety and welfare of children is paramount to SCL, all applicants will be subject to thorough background checks to ensure their suitability to work with children. These will include, but are not limited to; reference checks, police checks, DBS checks and qualification checks.
NB. Although we do our best to reply to every application,if you have not received a reply within 2 weeks of your application please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.