Who we are London Marathon Events Limited (LME) organise some of the biggest and best mass participation sports events in the world including the Virgin Money London Marathon, the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling, the Vitality London 10,000 and Swim Serpentine.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and any surplus we make is given to the London Marathon Charitable Trust to improve sports and recreation in the UK. The Trust has awarded in excess of £66.5 million to more than 1,200 projects in London and beyond.
Integrity, Excellence, Together, Inspiration and Fun is at the core of everything we do. LME staff live and breathe these values in and outside the work place and so are a natural fit for our business. Our staff work collaboratively to ensure every event is even better than the last and strive for the best and most memorable experience possible for our employees, participants, sponsors and charities.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Operations Administrator to join the busy operations department to support the team across all administrative functions. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organisational skills and impressive attention to detail.
You will have the opportunity to become an integral part of the Operations Team across all events; liaising with a broad range of stakeholders and becoming actively involved in the delivery of our events.
- Arrange and invite attendees to relevant internal and external meetings;
- Prepare agendas with relevant meeting lead;
- Take detailed minutes during meetings;
- Provide and distribute post meeting minutes along with supporting documentation;
- Co-lead on external intranet site for all LME and London & Surrey Cycling Partnership (LSCP) events, including uploading relevant documents and arrange stakeholder access / log in;
- Assist event leads with Event Management Plan documentation;
- Collate pre-event briefing documents for staff;
- Co-lead on collation of event staff handbooks and assist PowerPoint presentation to All Staff at the event pre-briefing;
- Collate pre-event master contact lists;
- Collate debrief notes from internal staff and external stakeholders to include in a post event report;
- Assist Operations Team at all events.
You are someone who enjoys a rewarding challenge and someone who is prepared to go that extra mile while helping LME to deliver world class mass participation events. You should be someone who knows what it takes to multitask and work at a fast pace whilst maintaining high accuracy. You will be a positive and clear communicator and be prepared to go that extra mile whilst helping LME to deliver world-class mass participation events. You’ll be confident, down-to-earth and thrive in a team environment.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills and attention to detail;
- Confident when communicating with all levels of staff and external contacts and Stakeholders;
- Logical workflow is considered paramount and proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Competent with maintenance of records, documents and filing structures;
- Knowledge of how to manage a SharePoint intranet site.
- A strong team working ethic;
- An ability to work within a dynamic environment which will include working on LME’s outdoor events including weekends and long hours;
- A desire to learn and develop;
- Knowledge of, or interest in running, cycling or swimming would be a distinct advantage.
ESSENTIAL: At least three years’ experience as an administrator (ideally within a sports environment);
ADVANTAGEOUS: Previous experience organising meetings and taking minutes for small, medium and large meetings;
DESIRABLE: Experience of working in the sports event industry.