South West Athletics is working with The Royal Foundation with Team Devon on their Coach Core programme. You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 incorporating Active Leisure for Exercise Professionals.
We are specifically looking for an apprentice to work within our Athletics and Multiskill organisation to: To work alongside the academy coaches and shadow many of the academy activities and coaching groups.
Some of the tasks that would be involved are likely to include:
- Assisting the lead coach at coaching sessions
- Working with our Women and Girls groups and Disability Groups Taking registers and signing people in to the group sessions
- Assisting with coaching at schools in curriculum time and after-school activities
- Gaining experience in helping in the performance groups
- Learning about session planning, organization and long-term athlete development
- Assisting with admin of registers and results management
- Session preparation including loading/unloading the van
- Assisting at Academy events and competitions including pre-event and major events organisation
- Attending events with the portable athletics track all over the country/other events
There is a lot of opportunity within this role to receive training and also go away on trips to host/facilitate sporting activities. It is essential that the candidate would be prepared to work evenings and weekends as this is when many of the coaching groups and competitions are held.
Keen interest in Athletics, good communication skills verbally and IT based. You must possess the desire to work with groups or young children and have the interpersonal skills required to do this. Wanting to work towards a coaching/officiating qualification.
Enthusiastic, friendly, reliable, able to use own initiative and work within a team. You must have an interest in Athletics/Sports. Confident working with children and good organisational skills or willing to learn these skills. DBS will be required.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org