To provide accounting support to the Manchester United Foundation
To support the Management Accountant and Director of Finance & Compliance by providing finance support.
For Purchase Ledger:
- To raise purchase orders as instructed by budget holders
- To accurately process purchase invoices via the Purchase Ledger and Purchase Order Processing modules.
- To review and action all Purchase Ledger query e-mails/notices received
- To review and action invoices rejected by invoice approvers.
- To follow up on any queries relating to purchase invoices.
- To liaise with internal and external customers to deal effectively and efficiently with queries and information requests.
- Allocation of supplier payments.
- To reconcile supplier accounts.
- General housekeeping and review of the Purchase Ledger.
- Identify on-going improvements to both Purchase Ledger and Purchase Order Processes.
For Sales Ledger:
- To raise sales invoice requests as required
- Review and analyse debtors, to resolve and monitor.
- Enter sales invoice information onto Sales Day Book
- Manage Funding Register
- General housekeeping and review of the Sales Ledger
- To post journals as required for management accounts
- To maintain paper based journal file (where required)
- To complete balance sheet reconciliations as agreed
- Raise payments on online banking systems
- To transfer bank information from statement to banking spreadsheet and post information into General Ledger
- To reconcile recharges, ATPi and credit card accounts
- To input Lottery Submissions into Gambling Commission website
- Assist Director of Finance & Compliance with
- Capability Status / Capability Code of Practice Returns
- PLCF Annual Survey
- PLCF Grant Applications
- Other Grant Applications
- Other areas of compliance e.g. Policies, vehicle administration
- Transactional support/backup for PLCF/FA Returns
- Co-ordination of company fleet vehicles
- Maintenance of staff database for vehicle business insurance
- Co-ordination and management of staff equipment e.g. Mobile phones, laptops, iPad
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Be studying towards AAT qualification
- Experience of interpreting analytical data including numbers would be beneficial
- Willingness to learn and develop in the role
- A proactive and well organized approach to work
- An ability to multi-task and priorities workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and listening
- An excellent understanding of all Microsoft office packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
MUF is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our work place. This role may be subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level.
This document is a guide only. The employee must undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the department manager.
Listen to leading professionals in our ‘Careers in…’ webinar series on our YouTube channel.