An exciting career opportunity!
West Ham United are seeking an eager to learn Accounts Administration Apprentice to assist their Finance department.
The Club is in the most exciting phase in its history having moved to the former Olympic Stadium for the 2016/17 Premier League season. The purpose of this role is to provide general assistance to colleagues within the Finance Department as and when required.
As part of this apprenticeship the successful candidate will be required to enrol on the course: Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
1. Purchase ledger
- Purchase ledger processing – ensuring that all invoices received are logged, coded correctly and authorised in accordance with Company delegated authority limits prior to posting onto SAGE
- Proactively chase HOD’s to return authorised invoices to the Finance Department so that invoices can be posted
- Accurate posting of purchase ledger invoices onto SAGE
- Assisting with supplier payment runs
- Payment of “other” invoices, ensuring that the number of non-urgent payment runs is kept to a minimum in order to maximise efficiency and avoid unnecessary bank payment charges
- Deal with supplier invoice and payment queries on a timely basis
2. Cash Floats
- Accurately manage and maintain cash floats held, ensuring that all issues are correctly recorded and receipted
- Assist with the provision of cash floats to various WHUFC Departments as and when required
3. Finance office support
- Assisting the CFO and FC with ad-hoc requests