Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium which opened in April 2019.
The Club operates out of multiple sites, including a world class Training Centre in Enfield where the position of Strength & Conditioning Coach is based. The successful candidate will work within an established multidisciplinary medical team including doctors, physiotherapists, sports scientists and sports therapists, all of whom have a proven track record of impeccable success in elite player management and rehabilitation.
To assist and support the Head of Academy Physical Development to meet the objectives and vison of the Medical Department and Academy Management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing industry-leading individualised Strength & Conditioning support within the academy, under guidance from the Head of Academy Physical Development; work within an inter-disciplinary team to deliver programmes in-line with Tottenham Hotspur’s Physical Development model.
The working hours will be 35 hours per week, with some flexibly expected, which will be across Monday – Sunday on a rota basis. This will involve some unsocial working hours due to fixtures which may be across bank holidays or seasonal holiday periods.
- Plan and implement programmes specific to biological age, S&C and the Football needs of each individual, in-line with the Academy Physical Development model.
- Deliver injury and physical development-specific S&C programmes with injured players
- Accelerate the physical development of identified individuals
- Oversee all academy gym-based testing and screening protocols/procedures
- Work with the clubs Nutritionists to implement effective nutritional strategies with identified individuals
- Occasionally, when required, provide Sport Science/S&C support at home and away matches, plus relevant Academy National/International tournaments and training camps.
- To execute duties in a professional and conscientious manner and be an impressive member of staff.
- To flag any issues or concerns to the Head of Academy Physical Development or Medical Safeguarding Officer.
- To attend refresher and development training when necessary, eg: safeguarding, first aid and H&S.
- Oversee the upkeep of gym facilities, equipment, and general housekeeping.
- To be aware of emergency procedures and the Health and Safety at Work Act relating to the various sites.
- Ensure a strict code of confidentiality in respect to any information linked to Tottenham Hotspur.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position/grade as required by the department.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Exceptionally high degree of personal and professional integrity.
- A strong team ethos with demonstrable abilities in building and maintaining productive relationships with both coaching and playing staff within a high-performance environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with clear and adaptable communication skills that foster productive working relationships at all levels.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Sports Science or Strength & Conditioning or equivalent
- Experience (post-internship) delivering effective S&C programmes in Elite Sport
- Postgraduate Degree in Sports Science or Strength & Conditioning or equivalent (desirable)
- UKSCA Accreditation (desirable)
- EXOS Performance Mentorships plus FMS Certification (desirable)
- Current Safeguarding Children certificate and First Aid (desirable)
- Excellent IT skills
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with child’s/adult’s barred list.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion /belief, or sexual orientation.