Middlesbrough Football Club is seeking a qualified Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist to join our CATEGORY 1 ACADEMY. Based at the Club’s First-Class Training Ground near the beautiful village of Hurworth near Darlington, the main purpose of this role is to facilitate the assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and referrals of injuries throughout the Academy pathway (U9-U23).
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement the Academy Physiotherapy Programme and ensure all Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) requirements are met.
- Assist the Senior Academy Physiotherapist in the development, implementation, supervision and review of medical treatment for all players.
- Assist in the delivery of and give advice regarding medical services based within the Academy, in addition to making clinical and operational decisions when required.
- Assist in the appointment and supervision of sessional members of the Medical Team when appropriate, eg chiropractors, masseurs and podiatrists.
- To provide pitch side cover during training and matches, including the provision of physiotherapy/sports therapy and emergency aid as required.
- Working closely with the medical team to develop a holistic performance improvement/injury prevention programme to include testing, intervention and review.
- Ensure medical records and databases are kept up to date and to maintain and comply with current regulations and protocols relating to Safeguarding.
- Hold a BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy and have experience within an elite sport environment.
- Possess the Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) qualification or willing to work towards it.
- Have extensive knowledge of treating professional footballers and youth players and have a sound understanding of common injuries in football throughout the 3 development phases and an understanding of how to reduce the occurrence
- Possess excellent IT, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear leadership
- Already have the right to work in the UK
The salary for the role is £28,000 per annum and this role also falls within the scope of ‘regulated activity’ and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
If you would like to be part of a committed team who value humility, respect and honesty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form quoting ref AP/MFC
CLOSING DATE: Friday 28 January 2022
MFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
MFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups.