An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic physiotherapist to become an important member of Burnley Football Club Academy’s Sports Medicine team.
The Academy Physiotherapist will liaise closely with the Academy Head of Sports Medicine and the wider multi-disciplinary team to deliver high-quality evidence based medical support service to all Academy players (U9-U23).
- Treatment & Rehabilitation of injured players U9-U23’s.
- Flexible approach to cover Academy injury clinics / Training session when required.
- Flexible Match day cover for Academy fixtures U9-23’s when required.
- Liaise effectively with the academy coaching staff on a daily basis in order to keep them informed of player’s availability for academy matches and training.
- Help contribute to achieving the clubs EPPP Sports Medicine criteria.
- Assistance in the organisation of age specific medical screening as part of the process to aid the reduction of injury risks.
- Assistance in the arrangement of external consultations / appointments where necessary.
- To assist in the management and development of part time medical staff.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries and medical interventions on Club PMA.
- Ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
- Work in a professional manner which promotes equality for both staff and clients.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Membership with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- Experience of planning and delivering treatment & rehabilitation of sports injuries
- Effective and appropriate communication skills
- Computer literacy, including MS office and excel
- Flexibility to work unpredictable hours including evenings and weekends
- Full UK driving license
- FA ATMMiF level 5 (Must be completed as part of job role on appointment)
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant field
- Previous experience of working with elite young athletes
- Good understanding of growth & maturation and its implications on the development of athletes
- Experience using PMA
- Good understanding of the Academy Categorisation process and EPPP guidelines
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and a brief covering letter to Antony Reedy at email@example.com by Friday 21st June 2019.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
For more jobs in sport or jobs in fitness visit the jobs board on Careers in Sport
Careers Profile: Sports Physiotherapist