Hours: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business and will be a min of 37.5
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our Club for an Academy Physiotherapist to join the Academy department. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the wellbeing of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Implementation of Sport Science and Medicine strategy across all the development phases.
- Assessment and management of injuries and illnesses to all our Academy Players, including relevant referral to internal and external health professionals.
- Management, design, and implementation (in liaison with Head of Sport Science and Medicine) of the medical, orthopaedic and movement screening programmes for U9-U16 players.
- Conduct appropriate screening of trialists to assist with recruitment.
- Design and dissemination of individual injury prevention programmes.
- The delivery of individual and group prehabilitation services to our Academy players.
- Provision of medical cover for training and match day for U9-U23 fixtures.
- Contribution to the player performance reviews within the PMA.
- Accurate recording of all injuries on the Medical Injury Database and Academy Online Management Tool. To ensure that medical notes are complete and confidential.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of work conducted with athletes and coaches on the PMA and One Drive. To include current medical status, medical notes, rehabilitation and prehabilitation programmes, medical/orthopaedic/movement screen results, individual physical targets and session content and attendance.
- Collate, analyse, and feedback relevant medical information to the appropriate Club staff for all Academy players. This is to include updates on injured players, rehabilitation programmes, return to train/play dates and injury audits (but must respect and abide by medical confidentiality laws).
- Work effectively with other support staff and services, including doctors/sport science services, to provide an integrated approach to performance enhancement.
- Attendance at all team meetings and active inclusion in discussions.
- Design and implementation (in liaison with Head of Sport Science and Medicine) of an Emergency Action Plan for each site that training/matches occur (where we are the “home” team).
- Identify areas for development and work closely with the Academy Management Team, Multi-Disciplinary Teams to ensure necessary performance standards are met and developed.
- Lead on the management of injuries to U9-U16 players (in liaison with the Head of Academy Sport Science and Medicine)
- Co-ordinate the responsibilities and organisation of the Physiotherapy Interns; disseminate their rota and the schedule for prehabilitation sessions. Monitor and appraise their performance.
- Observation of the junior members of staff, Academy Graduate Physiotherapist, part time Physiotherapists and Physiotherapy Interns, to provide guidance.
- Assist the Senior Academy Physiotherapist in the appraisal of the part time physiotherapists.
- Delivery of at least one internal professional development event for the medical department, one for the part time medical staff and one for the multidisciplinary team.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Academy Physiotherapist
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Physiotherapy
- CSP Member
- HCPC registered
TECHNICAL/ PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- FA Advanced Trauma and medical Management in Football (previously AREA)
- FA Safeguarding qualification
- Current DBS clearance
- FA Level 1 Psychology Award
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of musculoskeletal assessment and rehabilitation of elite level paediatric athletes
- Ability to analyse and interpret movement patterns and posture
- Experience and understanding of injury prevention
- Able to work autonomously to manage your caseload
- Excellent computer literacy, specifically in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of working within an elite Football Academy
- Forward thinking mindset to developing the department and programme
- Fluent in Mandarin (Chinese)
- Understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan and the PMA application.
- Demonstrate the ability to mix with different departments effectively communicating and distributing information
- Hard working
- Flexibility of working week
- Evidence of a commitment to individual professional development
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- 37.5 hours per week
- 20 days annual leave (rising to 25 days after 5 years) 8 statutory bank holidays
- Up to 6 months’ probation
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role
- Full and clean UK driving licence
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Under the Disclosure and Barring Service and in accordance with the Club’s own rules regarding Safeguarding the post-holder will be required to meet minimum criteria regarding Safeguarding and a Disclosure and Barring Check will be required in this post. Exceptions Order to Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 applies.
Birmingham City Football Club prides itself on the support it offers its employees and as such offers a variety of excellent benefits, for example, pension, life assurance 2 x salary, free car parking, two free season tickets and membership to Blues Loyalty Scheme. If you offered a position with the company your offer letter will clearly set out the benefits to which you are entitled.
Birmingham City F C is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.