An exciting opportunity has arisen at London Irish to join the experienced sports medical team at Hazelwood. The club is looking to recruit an Academy Physiotherapist to assist with the medical management of the Academy programme.
The successful applicant will assist in the provision and delivery of physiotherapy to all of the academy squads within the London Irish programme as well as assisting with the first team squad when needed.
- Lead the physiotherapy management of the London Irish Under 18s programme. Liaise with the academy performance team to manage acute and long-term injuries as well as athletic development.
- Lead the physiotherapy management of London Irish U18 England Academy Players (EAP) and liaise with England age grade staff.
- Assist in the daily injury management, rehabilitation and prevention programme for the London Irish Senior Academy Squad.
- Assist in the daily injury management, rehabilitation and prevention programme for the London Irish AASE Squad.
- Liaise closely with the Head Academy Physiotherapist, Academy Manager and High Performance Co-ordinator regarding assessment findings and treatment progression for the players, injury status and progress on a daily basis.
- Assist with treatments and prehab/rehab for senior squad as required.
- Assist with musculoskeletal screening of all players as required.
- Provide match day physiotherapy and pitch side trauma cover for the Academy and AASE games when needed.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all key personnel, colleagues, and players in order to support and promote London Irish RFC.
- Maintain a good working relationship and lines of communication with both England age group staff and our London Irish partner schools in order to progress the development of our EAPs.
- Assist the Head Academy Physiotherapist with injury audit, medical insurance and other matters as required.
- To keep up to date with current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the departments CPD programme.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the post-holders capabilities.
- Keeping documentation on all aspects of injury management in accordance to the standards set by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Assist in keeping accurate detailed records of all injuries (training and playing) including type of injuries, frequency of injuries and games missed.
BSc Physiotherapy or equivalent for a minimum of 2 years
Pitch side trauma care qualification (ICIS)
Minimum 1 year evidence of working as a physiotherapist with sports experience.
MSc in Sports Physiotherapy or equivalent
Academy Manager and High Performance Co-ordinator
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organization.
Dependant on experience
Hazelwood Centre, Hazelwood Avenue, Green Street, Lower Sunbury TW16 6QU
Fixed Term (Full time)
Monday 5th October 2020 at 5pm
To apply, please email your Covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org