|Job vacancy:||Academy Physiotherapist|
|Remuneration + benefits:||· £23,000 – £26,000, depending experience and qualifications
· 28 days holidays per year (including bank holidays)
· Long service holidays
· Free parking
|Contract type:||· Permanent
· Full time: Prepared to work evenings and weekends as per fixture / training requirements
|Location:||Barnfield Training Centre, Habergham Drive, Padiham, BB12 8UA|
|Closing date:||Sunday 7th March 2021 @ 5pm
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley Football Club is an established Premier League Club with a rich history. As a proud founder member of the Football League, Burnley Football Club began life as a rugby club. However, ‘Burnley Rovers’ soon switched codes and became Burnley Football Club in 1882.
FA Cup campaigns gave way to organised football in 1888 with the foundation of the Football League – and since then Burnley have claimed every major honour, with the exception of the League Cup. We are now in our 5th season in the Premier League for the 2020/21 season.
Burnley Football Club is a special football club located in the heart of the town: we believe that Burnley is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic physiotherapist to join Burnley Football Club Academy’s Sports Medicine team on a full-time basis. The Academy Physiotherapist role will predominately be based with the daily functioning of the u18 and u23 squads but will have regular contact with the younger academy groups as required.
This is a fantastic time to join the Club following our Academy’s recent award of Category 1 status.
Reporting to the Head of Academy Sports Medicine, the Academy Physiotherapist will be expected to:
- Provide evidenced based treatment & rehabilitation of injured players (U9-U23’s).
- Have a flexible approach to cover academy injury clinics/training sessions when required.
- Have a flexible approach to match day cover for u18/u23 fixtures as per schedule and academy fixtures U9-16’s when required.
- Liaise effectively with the academy coaching staff and wider MDT on a daily basis in order to keep them informed of player availability for academy matches and training.
- Contribute towards maintaining and developing the clubs EPPP Sports Medicine criteria.
- Assist in the organisation, development and implementation of screening (including cardiac screening) for all academy players as part of the process to aid injury prevention strategies.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries and medical interventions as per HCPC and CSP standards using the PMA system.
- Work in a professional manner which promotes equality for both staff and clients.
- Contribute to a multi-disciplinary approach by liaising closely with other departments within the academy.
- To understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Promote the Burnley FC brand, values, ethos and culture in a professional, strong and positive manner.
- Hold a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality, diversity and inclusion training, in addition to ensuring compliance with all Club policies.
An ideal candidate will have;
- BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy.
- Member of the HCPC.
- Member of the CSP.
- Hold a minimum valid ITMMiF qualification (or equivalent). ATMMiF must be completed if required following appointment.
- Experience of planning and delivering treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
- A sound understanding of safeguarding and welfare requirements.
- Strong organisational skills, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent presentation, and delivery skills.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible attitude towards working hours and availability on weekends and evenings.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ and courteous attitude.
- Prior experience of working in elite team sport.
- Prior experience of working with elite young athletes.
- Good understanding of growth & maturation and its implications on the development of athletes.
- A full UK driving licence.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on our website https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/club/vacancies/ and returning it via email to the HR department HR@burnleyfc.com
Burnley Football Club no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS).
* Due to a high demand in applications, the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.
For more advice, news and jobs visit the Careers in Sport and Exercise section on our website.