Middlesbrough Football Club is looking to recruit a Performance Analyst for our Category 1 Academy, based at the Club’s Training Ground at Hurworth, near Darlington.
- Responsible for supporting all phases of our Academy in the field of performance analysis, including recording and editing/coding games and training
- Providing subsequent reports to a variety of staff in accordance with the players’ individual learning plans, the club syllabus/philosophy and performance plan and ensuring all players have access to their own performances
- Providing individual clips and supporting training sessions in all phases
- Applying the principles of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) to the area of performance analysis
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate use of the Performance Management Application (PMA) in relation to performance analysis
- Possess relevant experience and knowledge in the field of performance analysis including competency in the use of video recording and editing/coding equipment (knowledge of gamebreaker/sports code is desirable).
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills with the ability to accurately manage data.
- Possess a knowledge of a variety of analysis software and the ability to present and report.
- Have an understanding of the EPPP and be aware of the requirements linked to this in the area of performance analysis.
- Have previous analysis experience in professional sport would be highly advantageous.
- Be educated to degree level in a sports related discipline would be advantageous.
- Thrive on the challenges of working in professional sport and must have a flexible approach to working hours to facilitate meeting all the demands of the role including evening and weekend commitments.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and possess a full driving licence with use of a vehicle
The salary for the role will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
This post falls within the scope of ‘regulated activity’ and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975.
If you would like to be part of a committed team who value humility, respect and honesty please contact email@example.com to request an application form
Closing Date: Monday 6th December 2021
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 13th December 2021
MFC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
MFC is also committed to the safeguarding of vulnerable groups