Job Title: Academy Manager
Location: Poolfoot Farm
Hours: Full Time inc evenings/weekends
We have exciting opportunity to recruit an Academy Manager to lead and manage the clubs progressive Academy.
The Academy manager will be responsible for delivering and implementing the strategic plan for the Academy and provide leadership to all staff, players and other stakeholders.
The role will be key to our ambition of becoming a Category Two Academy in the 2021/2022 season.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of the clubs playing philosophy. Coaching philosophy and coaching curriculum working closely with the Head of Coaching and Player Development Committee (“PDC”).
- Work closely with the clubs Senior Technical Board (“STB”) to establish clear performance targets for the Academy and ensure the management and monitoring of these targets alongside the Academy Management Team (“AMT”).
- Ensure the effective use by all appropriate staff of the Performance Management Application (“PMA”) and all other relevant platforms which support the Academy performance.
- Design, develop and monitor development action plans for all staff and ensure that all staff continue their professional development whilst with the Academy.
- Directly manage all members of the AMT.
- Work closely with the clubs performance departments so that technical development support can be provided to support the direct management of staff within the Academy.
- Build and maintain strong relations with key stakeholders in the Academy such as staff, players and parents.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other key stakeholders within the club for example HR, Food and Beverage, Community Trust, Media, Marketing and Facilities.
- Liaise with the clubs Head Coach and Director of Football to discuss and initiate plans for the development of the Academy and promote progression of players into the First Team.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive to provide updates and monitor the performance of the Academy and look at all development opportunities for the future.
- Lead and manage on the financial budget of the Academy and provide management reports to the Chief Executive.
- Produce regular reports, maintain comprehensive records on the Academy performance and present opportunities to the Club’s Chief Executive to further develop the Academy.
- Represent the club with external agencies such as the FA, EFL and PFA to ensure the most productive support is in place for the club, players and staff.
- Work closely with player intermediaries to ensure compliance with regulations surrounding Academy players and also the club maintain a strong position in relation to recruitment.
- Develop relationships with other clubs academies key staff to aide recruitment and exit strategies for players.
- Lead, manage and deliver the clubs STB and PDC groups.
- Investment in CPD opportunities such as the elite Academy Managers development programme.
- UEFA A Coaching Licence
- FA Youth Award
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- First Aid Qualification
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Academy Managers Licence (EAM)
- FA Advanced Youth Award
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter to:
Please note the closing date for this role is 7th August 2020
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Fleetwood Town Football Club and Fleetwood Town Community Trust are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact Fleetwood Town Football Club directly on 01253 775080