Academy Goalkeeping Coach
Location: Wast Hills Training Ground, Redhill Road, Birmingham, B38 9EL
Salary: Circa £20,000
Hours of Work Hours are set to meet the needs of the business and will be a minimum of 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a new Goalkeeping Coach in the Academy to implement the coaching syllabus for the U8-U21 age groups as per the APP under the guidance of the Lead Academy GK Coach.
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the wellbeing of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Promote collaboration in the delivery of the programme.
- To plan, create, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions and games as scheduled in the weekly plan.
- Ensure each goalkeeper within each development phase has an active ILG or Scrapbook.
- Ensure the review process is operated for each player every mesocycle as set out in the APP.
- Monitor and record training/fixture content, objectives, time and attendance on the PMA.
- Monitor and evaluation of all players in line with player review processes.
- To independently source and review video clips of individuals and groups with particular reference to player’s individual learning objectives in liaison with the analysis department.
- Oversee the trialist’s who enter the coaching programme providing suitable evaluation and feedback during the signing / exit policy.
- Ensure appropriate communication of future activities and/or changes (times/dates).
- Provide a health check /update on coaching cell operations in each 10/20/30/40 week coaching meeting.
- Liaison with education, sport science and medical staff on all related matters to enhance a multi-disciplinary process.
- To take responsibility for all resources associated with training and fixtures ensuring the highest possible standards. (kit, bibs, balls, cones and all).
- To provide guidance to the multi-disciplinary team, players and parents.
- Liaison with all coaches to ensure smooth running of daily activities.
- Updating external develop and international activities within player’s performance clock.
- To manage access and promote use of PMA for goalkeepers.
- Ensure the provision for Goalkeepers complies with the ISO audit criteria and governing body rules.
- To be aware of the PL/FL YD rules and requirements relating to the Youth Development Phase.
- Submission of the relevant information to update and produce the yearly Academy Brochure and Academy Website.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Academy Goalkeeping Coach
- UEFA B Coaching licence
- Goalkeeping B Licence
- F.A Youth Modules 1 / 2 / 3
- Valid Driving Licence
- UEFA Pro Licence
- UEFA A GK Licence
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- LMA Diploma in Management or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of the Player Performance Pathway / EPPP
- Computer literacy (in particular with Microsoft Office)
- Performance Management Application (PMA)
- Written and oral skills.
- Foreign Language
- Previous audit experience
- U18 league programme
- BCFC Coaching philosophy
- Provision of feedback to players and staff
- Good communicator
- Collaborative in approach
- Team player
- Approachable and friendly
- Highly organised
- Emotional control
- Professional in appearance
- Uses initiative
- Develops relationships with athletes.
- Work evenings and weekends
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
Birmingham City Football Club prides itself on the support it offers its employees and as such offers a variety of excellent benefits, for example, pension, life assurance 2 x salary, free car parking, two free season tickets and membership to Blues Loyalty Scheme. If you offered a position with the company your offer letter will clearly set out the benefits to which you are entitled.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City F C is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.