Academy Manager & Head of Coaching
Charlton Athletic Training Ground, Sparrows Lane, New Eltham
Dependent on experience and qualifications
Minimum of 35 hours per week to meet the needs of the Academy
To take primary responsibility for the coaching and development of all young goalkeepers within the Youth Academy (U9-U23). The role will include working on a daily basis within the Academy, including the full time schoolboy programme.
- Development of goalkeepers from U9-U23, including monitoring and providing support to U18/23 GK’s on match days.
- Monitoring of goalkeepers performance during games and training.
- Liaise closely with Academy Team Coaches throughout the age groups regarding training, games and progress.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the Academy’s GK coaching curriculum.
- Monitor goalkeeping coaching and promote good practice across all phases.
- Ensure all goalkeepers in the Academy have an Individual Learning Plan which is consistently delivered, reviewed and adapted, with appropriate opportunities to practice on the areas highlighted.
- Work effectively with other departments to ensure the Academy operates in a multi-disciplinary environment and to ensure all goalkeeper’s are fully prepared and have a comprehensive development programme.
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the role, including general organisation, recording of sessions, player reviews, learning objectives, and weekly reflections through the PMA and other systems.
- Contribute to the scouting and recruiting process where appropriate.
- Attend and contribute to meetings as directed by the Academy Manager/Head of Coaching
- Ensure goalkeepers spend sufficient time coached with outfield players.
- Attend at least five hours of FA in-service training per year.
- Attend FA Academy coaches’ first aid training at least once every three years.
- To undertake CPD organised by the Club.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Academy Manager/Head of Coaching
- UEFA B
- UEFA B Goalkeeping
- FA Youth Award (Modules 1,2 and 3) (desirable)
- FA Safeguarding Children
- Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS)
- Experience of working in an Academy or Centre of Excellence.
- Background in football as a player or coach is desirable.
- Knowledge of development and session planning.
- Knowledge of elite level requirements.
- IT literate with a knowledge of the PMA.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Under the Vetting and Barring Scheme and in accordance with the Club’s own rules regarding Safeguarding the post-holder will be required to meet minimum criteria regarding Safeguarding and a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Check will be required in the post. Exceptions Order to Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 applies. Any personal data that you provide to Charlton Athletic Football Club Ltd (data controller) will be processed in line with applicable data protection laws and will be used only for the purpose of recruitment. We will keep your personal information for 6 months after which we will erase it. You can always choose to have your data erased earlier by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.